Sunday, March 4, 2012

Couldn't resist

I was just browsing around on the internet this afternoon and came across a poem written by a lady named Cathy Cardell. I knew right away what photo I wanted to scrap. This is my grandson when he was only an hour or two old. The poem really touched my heart. I hope it blesses you today.


The journalling reads:
Wean Me Gently
by Cathy Cardall

I know I look so big to you,
Maybe I seem too big for the needs I have.
But no matter how big we get,
We still have needs that are important to us.
I know that our relationship is growing and changing,
But I still need you.
I need your warmth and closeness,
Especially at the end of the day
When we snuggle up in bed.
Please don't get too busy for us to nurse.
I know you think I can be patient,
Or find something to take the place of a nursing;
A book, a glass of something,
But nothing can take your place when I need you.
Sometimes just cuddling with you,
Having you near me is enough.
I guess I am growing and becoming independent,
But please be there.
This bond we have is so strong and so important to me,
Please don't break it abruptly.
Wean me gently, because I am your mother,
and my heart is tender.


Isn't that sweet?
I used this layout to fulfill a challenge over at Sisterhood of Scrap. This month they are having the Amazing Race - Sisterhood Style!  It's a really fun concept. I hope you'll pop over and check it out!

1 comment:

  1. Such a perfect poem for the photo! Love the soft details you added on the layout!

    ReplyDelete