Thursday, March 1, 2012

A couple of new projects

March is here like a LION!!  I hope that means it's going out like a lamb. :-)

Hi everyone, I've been madly working to finish up the February challenges over at Sisterhood of Scrap and using some of the fun paper I got in my last DT haul  from Tina's Scrapbooking  I love it when Tina gives me paper that pushes me out of any sort of "rut" I may be tempted to find myself in! LOL

This first layout is using the very new and very sweet Imaginisce Spring 2012 release "Hippity Hop"  You'll be seeing more of this sweet paper in the coming weeks, that's for sure! It's adorable.


I used the Sisterhood of Scrap challenge #10 - sign 4 of a stroke is headaches. We were to use a photo that was a distinct headshot. I found these older photos of Hannah that suited the paper and the challenge fairly well, I thought.


This particular layout was done using the new hockey collection by Karen Foster I used it to do another Sisterhood of Scrap challenge - this time Challenge #11 - swirls. The fifth sign of a stroke is dizziness. I used metal swirls (really ornament hooks from the $ store!) behind each skate to represent this.


This last layout for today is of my sweet grand-daughter Gabby and her friend here at Nana's house, Bekah. They were modelling hats made my a good friend of mine this past Christmas. I used the LYB Winter Twig collection from Tina's. I also completed another SOS challenge. This time it was #12 - overweight.

Before I leave you this morning I also want to mention that over at the S:CY blog, we're featuring  an extra special Guest Designer for this month... none other than Jennifer Wilson of Simple Scrapper!

Be sure to check the S:CY blog to meet Jennifer and see some of her wonderful creations and inspiration.

Don't forget to check in tomorrow to see the very first sketch I worked on for S:CY and my interpretation of it! I may have a little surprise in store for you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment